Notes from Charles Stanley:
Psalm 25:12— “He will instruct him in the way he should choose.”
“Six phrases to follow to KNOW His Will for you:
1. Clean the pathway–clear the heart of sin, attitude, desiring your Will. Sin fogs the mind so we can’t hear the Holy Spirit guiding us. Look at your life and ask Him to show you what needs clearing out to receive His blessings.
2. Exercise patience–be willing to TRUST God’s timing. He is working out things for you.
3. Be alert to pressure–avoid outside pressure and internal pressure. Ask God what He thinks and what He is Calling you to do. He loves you and ALWAYS has your BEST in His Plan for your life.
4. What are the consequences of my decision? There is ALWAYS aftermath, good or bad. Consider them before taking action. Rely on the Holy Spirit.
5. Be persistent in prayer–be patient and keep talking to Him about it because He is drawing us closer, working things out in us. He is shaping us up.
6. Rest in His Promise–SURRENDER to His perfect Will and lay your desire at His feet. TRUST Him and He will show you or tell you when you need to know.
7. READ GOD’s WORD EVERYDAY! This is the MIND OF GOD! PEACE is the MIND OF CHRIST! *** Colossians 3:15 **’And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching…’ 8. Final Proof–Peace is your assurance of knowing His Will.
It has to do with obedience to your Lord and Savior