Notes from Charles Stanley:
“Meditating means more than just reading. Put forth more effort of thought in the Lords Presence.
1. Shut the world out.
2. Shut yourself up to hear God.
3. Focus your attention on Scripture, listening, and talking to Him.
4. You must make this time with Jesus a priority in your life… (Satan hates this because he knows you are absorbing the mind of Christ).
5. You must have a PLACE where you can be free and alone with God, where you become deep friends.
6. You want to hear from Him deep in your heart, to speak to your heart… (To receive clear direction from the Lord, you must give Him time alone).
Examples of how to meditate: (James 1:1-4)
1. Observation–what is the Word your reading saying to you?
2. Interpretation–what does it mean?
3. Application–what am I to do? “Keep your focus on your loving Savior instead of the trial before you.
Keep your thoughts on how much the Lord loves you and He will direct you in all your steps. Whatever He allows you to go through is for your benefit. He loves you and is growing in you, if you praise Him, trust Him, and surrender to Him in whatever He is doing in your life.
He is always working for your growth in Him and for your good.
Here are examples of how to meditate