Notes from Charles Stanley:
1. “Clear your heart of any known sin. Lord, show me anything that would hide Your Will for me.
2. Bring your desires to a position of neutrality–I want what You want. At first, this might not work because you want something really badly. But, ask God to HELP you, to give you the DESIRE to obey HIM more than what you want.
3. Exercise patience. He is getting us ready for the answer. Don’t make fast decisions without your assurance of His Will. Live in confident anticipation. Refuse to run ahead of Him trying to solve it by yourself. God knows what needs to be changed before you’re ready.
4. Be alert to pressure from friends, enemies, and from yourself. External pressure–from people who think they know what you should do. Internal pressure–from fear. “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths ” (Proverbs 3:5-6).
5. Persist in prayer. Don’t stop praying for something or praising the Lord for HIS WILL in a certain thing. He is teaching us to TRUST HIM when we have no evidence that He has heard anything. His delays are on purpose to teach is to PRAY and TRUST HIM.
6. Rest in God’s promises. Read His Word! The Bible is the MIND of God in PRINT! God’s Word is a filter. He sifts and builds our faith. He will hear and answer our prayer.
7. Wait for His peace. He and I are together as one.
“Let the Peace of Christ rule in your heart… ” (Colossians 3:15). God’s Grace gives us complete assurance.
The Bible is the MIND of Christ in PRINT!