Notes from Charles Stanley:
“Do WHAT He says to do. Do it the WAY He says. Do it WHEN He says. IF NOT, I AM REBELLING AGAINST GOD. He created you, knows everything about your strength, weaknesses, etc. There are certain requirements to live in obedience to God:
1. Reading God’s Word, Psalm 119:105, “Your Words are a flashlight to light the path ahead of me, and keep me from stumbling. ” By reading a portion everyday, You are my anchor, my compass. You are a vital part of each day.
2. Be sensitive to the Holy Spirit, John 16:13, “When the Holy Spirit, who is TRUTH, comes (to live in your heart) He shall guide you into all TRUTH. ” He convicts us of sin. He interprets the Bible so we can understand.
3. Walk in God’s timing in life, Isaiah 64:4, “For since the world began no one has seen or heard of such a God as ours, who works for those who WAIT for Him. ” God knows what’s best, when the time is right for you to move, or receive, or rest in patience.
4. God speaks to us when we are obedient to LISTEN to Him, Proverbs 3:4-6, “If you want favor with both God and man, and a reputation for good judgment and common sense, then TRUST THE LORD completely; don’t ever trust yourself. In everything you do, put God FIRST and He shall direct you and crown your efforts with success. ” *When God is telling you to do something, remember WHO is talking. You can TRUST HIM. OBEY even when the command seems unreasonable. Remember Joshua and what God said to do at Jericho? God told him to walk around the city once a day for seven days. They did and the walls of Jericho just fell down and Joshua easily captured the city. ”
5. Be quiet before the Lord as you read the Bible and as you talk to Him. Be quiet and LISTEN to what He wants to say to you in your spirit through the Power of the Holy Spirit living in your heart.
6. OBEY GOD and leave all the consequences to Him. He knows ALL and can do ALL. THE LORD JESUS MUST BE YOUR SAVIOR FOR THIS TO WORK. GIVE YOUR LIFE OVER TO HIM AND YOU TOO CAN EXPECT THE TRUTH AND THE PROMISES OF GOD IN YOUR LIFE.
Am I rebelling?